The Haag Global, Inc. is seeking a Payroll Administrator for our corporate office located in Flower Mound, Texas. The Payroll Administrator will manage and process all functions of Payroll (full-cycle) ensuring all pays and deductions are processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations in addition to have HR and Accounting assigned tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Coordinates timekeeping and payroll systems.
- Ensures compliance with internal policies.
- Seeks the prompt and accurate resolution of issues and answers payroll-related questions.
- Assists Human Resources (HR) with researching multi states matters, preparing reports as needed, and completing other HR assignments, as required.
- Assists Accounting with bank reconciliations, accounting entries, and audits as needed.
- Collaborates with HR and Accounting as a liaison and team player.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field highly desirable.
- Five years of payroll experience required.
- General accounting or bookkeeping a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Wide-ranging knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and sense of urgency to complete tasks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Current knowledge of payroll procedures and related laws
- Understanding of multi-location payroll and taxes or ability to research these aspects for resolution.
- Familiarity with payroll software (preferably Paycom) and MS Office (especially Excel).
- A keen eye for detail.
- Ability to communicate orally and in written form effectively with all levels of employees.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CPP accreditation a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit and/or stand prolonged periods of time and work in front of a computer for the majority of the time. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 15 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Haag is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.